advertisement

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Other natural yeast (batard)

Today, I baked a batard with Japanese natural yeast that I got from Japan.

It is like backferment (dry kind) and easy to use for natural yeast debutants.

I mixed (did not need to knead) dough at around 12:00 and left it on the kitchen counter for 5.5hours.

It tripled. I punched it down and took 20 minutes bench time.

After making batard shape, let it rise for 35minutes.

Preheat oven at 450F.

After slushing the dough, put the dough on the heated cookie sheet, pour 100cc hot water in another heated pan to make steam. Close the oven door, turn the heat off and wait for 3 minutes.

Turn the oven on at 400F and baked for 20 minutes.

yum, yum.

Ah, I'm not good at slashing the dough....hehehe.
(Today, each slash was too close to each other. Maybe next time.)

No comments:

== Boulangerie tour in Japan==

== Boulangerie tour in Japan==
I went to my favorite boulangeries.